Wednesday, January 31, 2007

INVENTORY: “Footfly”

Footfly..... That says it all. I totally believe in synchronicity. I believe when you need certain things in life, those life lessons come to you. I need this lesson right now.
Things are happening faster than I can comprehend. I have a whirlwind life right now. I am getting ideas for new work by the hour. I am starting to realize that I can do just about anything I want to do. I have been in contact with friends and particularly a BEST friend. We talked at length about life and life stuff. The thread of our discussion can be distilled to include the idea of time marches on, we only have so much time on earth, and we need to use ever minute wisely. (I will speak more on this issue in a future post.)
Thus, the title of today’s post is “Inventory”. I can’t think about or predict how much more time I have to make my art and experience this life. I realize that fact intensely. That is why I wanted to write this blog. I want to be accountable.
Not to beat a dead horse or bore you with the ideas of past rants, I just want to speak on about my latest gift. A kid came to me last week and gave me this pic of her foot. It was such a wonderful scenario. She gave this drawing to me, and then began to defend it. She told me “This is my foot.” “This is a picture of my toes in my shoe.” “The name of the shoe is FOOTFLY. That is why I wrote Footfly on my drawing.” That is the best "artist statement" I ever heard!
OK…. I thanked her and gave her a big hug. I loved this little weird drawing. I realized it had more meaning to me than she could ever imagine. I interpreted it as a Universal message. That message reads: “Sheree, it is time for your feet to fly!” I understood and agreed.
Thank you little sweetie for sharing your art and your Universal message. You are wise beyond your years! Your gift came at exactly the right time!
So that brings me to the INVENTORY title. I can only take things a few weeks at a time. So this month I can say I have done well! This January 2007, I have created blog posts nearly every day. I have worked on my art in a consistent manner. I have accrued new ideas for future art at an optimistic pace. I have survived and enjoyed my day job. I have realized that I am very busy and moving forward. This is a good thing. I think I have a case of the "FOOTFLY".

1 comment:

gilda said...

this foot drawing is hilarious! I love it soo much!