Friday, February 2, 2007

Emotional vs. Rational

I am an emotional being. I have heard that the wrinkles on you face are a map to your soul. Well if this is the case, I have traveled the world! My face shows every frustration, every worry, every moment of joy, and every emotional everything! I guess all this comes with the package. I am an artist and I have been told on multiple occasions I am hypersensitive. Whatever….. I have been thinking about this a lot lately. I can’t change the essence of myself, but I am trying to change the way I perceive things and the way I react to life. This will help with many things. If I can teach myself to distance myself from my art in certain ways, it might be beneficial. For example, I walked around my house last night trying to make a list of the stuff I wanted to sell. This coming summer, I want to revamp my website with marketing in mind. This “walk through” was a miserable failure. I would walk up to any given wall, look at the art, and think “Oh no, I want to keep that!!” As I walked from wall to wall, the same thing happened. It is almost like I am hoarding my own art! This has a lot to do with my emotions. I just have to lose that part of me. I have to become more distant and change the way I think about my art. In other words, I have to teach myself to think rationally instead of emotionally.


“Brain”
Acrylic/Collage
10” X 8”
Click to Enlarge

2 comments:

Heart_Man said...

The American Institute of Stress and The Centers For Disease Control have both reported that up to 90% of all illnesses are due to stress. For many years I experienced several life threatening illnesses. I found the Institute of HeartMath and discovered that all of these illnesses were due to stresses from emotions I had been experiencing in my life. Learning and practicing HeartMath's scientifically substantiated tools and technologies literally saved my life. Additional information on HeartMath and how to prevent, manage and reverse the effects of stress, in-the-moment, achieve better health, more energy, improved mental and emotional clarity, and improved performance and relationships can be found at www.emotionalmastery.com.

Sheree Rensel said...

heart_man,
Thank you so much for your comment! Believe me, I am very well aware of what causes the stresses our my lives. In fact, I know for sure the focus of my problems at this moment relate to my day job. However, there is another facet of this problem that needs to be addressed. It is fine to realize what the stressors are and their effects on your life. The real problem comes from trying to find out how you will change your life to get rid of those stressors. I am in that corner right now. I know my biggest challenge. I know what I should do. I just don't know how I can do it. (?)
I will keep working on this issue. Thank you so much for your feedback!
Sheree