Sunday, February 25, 2007

Soundtrack of my Life

Ipods are the best invention since peanut butter! In fact of all the technological gadgets I own, my iPod is my best investment hands down. I use it just about every day. In fact, this marvel was made for people like me. I have always been one to hide in a self imposed “Sheree World”. This is my way of coping. In fact, I made a comment about being a “wallpaper women” in a previous post. Even though I am at an age that I fit into the category of females who just blend into the scenery and are ignored, I have to take responsibility and admit some of this lack of attention is self-imposed and intentional. Last night when I went to the gallery to see the movie about the homeless, I walked in, sat down in the front row, began to write notes in my notebook and never looked up. As far as I was concerned, I was the only person in the room. Yep, this is one of the symptoms of purposeful mental and emotional isolation. It wasn’t until the movie had started and I heard someone talking behind me, I realized bunches of people were all around me. SNAP!!
Sheree world was in full force today. I went out on a little adventure. All the while I listened to my iPod. I love it because I can’t hear anything except my chosen music. People will talk at me and all I have to do is point to my earphones and mouth the words “Sorry, can’t hear you!” As I listened today, I was thinking of the idea of having a soundtrack of your life. For hours, I walked, looked, and listened. I suppose if I had to pick one kind of music to represent my current state of mind, it would have to be Philip Glass
and his work titled “Glassworks”. Any one of the tracks could represent any given moment of my life right now. This is speaking generally. If I am in a feisty, kick ass mood, U2’s “How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb” would be my mantra. I listen to that when I am on my treadmill or riding my bike. When I am loosy, goosy and just want to chill my anthem would be Dave Mathews (any one of his CDs). However, when I listen to him I get a craving for beer. I guess his music brings out ghosts of the party girl left in me.
My iPod is the best. I love it. Now, if someone out there would invent an iPod that can work without a chord attached to earphones (wireless?), I would be ever in debt to them. However, they wouldn’t have to worry about my piddly contribution because they will become a zillionaire.

Sheree in Ipodland

1 comment:

Almi said...

music.... yes, I spend a lot of my free time in my favorite music. It is the art that travels with you. At this moment I am listening to Roberto Carlos' music from the 70s and 80s.