Saturday, February 17, 2007

Studio Day!

Multitasking! Today was a GREAT day! I worked in my studio most of the day. The day began by doing some “life work” like writing in my journal and doing some tasks to promote a healthy life. I went into the studio and started working. As always, I work on multiple things at once. The paintings on my agenda today were work on “Lonely”, “Slip of the Tongue”, “World Window” (rework), and the “bird” painting that has yet to have a title. In fact, that painting is still a mystery. I am letting the Universe paint it without a preconceived notion of where it is going. I am letting it paint itself.
I love the “World” mixed media work, but I never liked the center. I am going to change that in the next few days. I just have to put finishing touches on “Slip”. I love that little collage. In fact, I will show that in the next few days along with a blog post. There is a story behind that piece. “Lonely” is taking shape. I still have to do work on the central component. In fact, I spent a good portion of the day trying to paint one cloud. I painted and washed in off. I painted and washed it off again. Finally, I painted and let it dry. I am unhappy with the outcome, but it doesn’t feel dismal. I will get it right eventually.
I am cooking dinner now and very proud of myself. More importantly, I feel productive and successful. After dinner, I will relax and work on a few more journaling tasks. I love days like this!

“Studio Day 2 17 07”

No comments: