Sunday, February 18, 2007

Studio HIGH

Today was another productive day! I love the feeling I have right now. As I said yesterday, I wanted to rework a painting titled “World Windows”. It has never been shown and I had it hanging in my living room for a few months. I just didn’t like the center “window”. It needed something, but I didn’t know what. I got it down a while ago and put it in my studio. Today, I worked on it and I love the feeling I have right now. It isn’t done, but I know I am on the right track! It is so great when you know you understand the solution to a creative problem. Also, the direction of my “bird” painting came to me today too. As I worked on it, I started to see the final piece in my head. The mental image is cloudy, but at least I have some kind of future vision and conceptual idea of where this painting is going. Here are some pics of the studio work today. The paintings have the “uglies” right now, but that is OK. Sometimes you need to go through ugly stages to get to the end. I know that, so I am not distressed.

“Studio Day 2 18 07”

No comments: