Saturday, March 3, 2007

What is the point?

I hate pessimism. I don't like to be around negative people. This is why today I can't stand being around myself. I am in a very BLUE mood. I hear myself asking, "What is the point?" When I get like this, I hear Joni Mitchell's voice. In one of her songs she says "Nothins any good, nothins any good...". I get that. When I feel the funk, I can't look in any direction without bitching about something. I woke up pissed off this morning. I have no idea why. All I know is I am feeling very ticked off at my world. I don't know the specific source of my discontent. I just have general "blahs". The weather is wet and gray. I sharpened my couch potato skills today. Out of complete boredom I read some art blogs. That made me even more depressed. I read about how artists over 29 years old might as well give up. Oh gee, that makes me feel good (NOT). Another blog reported women artists still have the short end of the stick (pun intended). Yeah, well…… Trying to find something to smile about, I ended up reading about the world travels of some artists only to realize I have no desire to travel anywhere!! POOP!
I am going to log off now and get some rest. I will wake up with more optimism tomorrow. I hope!

No comments: