Thursday, April 26, 2007

Catch 22!

Oh my gosh!!!! I am so fed up! I am so frustrated!! If any of you have worked for a bureaucracy, you will understand. During my “day job”, I work for a bureaucracy. Everyday, I encounter things that are so snarled with idiotic logic, it is so funny it is sad. Today was a day that made me think long and hard about this kind of idiocy. Nothing makes sense! Unfortunately, this facet of our world is becoming more and more familiar.
Without going into details, I can say that I wanted to do the BEST job for the benefit of the organization. Yet, I was denied the “tools” to allow that to happen. In other words (I know I am being vague.), I am told to do a great job, but the system doesn’t allow the time or necessary tools to do a great job. This is a “Catch-22”.
There is a book titled “Catch-22” by Joseph Heller. This book was made into a movie. For the youngsters out there, you may have never heard of this. The movie was out in 1970. Ironically, I remember seeing the movie when I was in high school. I wasn’t mature enough to understand or relate to the concepts and satirical message of the movie. However, there must have been something that resonated with me because I have always remembered the term “Catch 22”.
I am living in a “Catch-22” world now. I hate it. I get very frustrated with it. I continually look around and say in my mind’s eye: “Does anybody else understand that all this makes no sense????” Maybe they do, maybe they don’t. It really doesn’t matter because they are a part of this destructive, negative chasm too.


I just have to rent this video to revisit this concept!
I want to see it with an adult perspective!

No comments: