Thursday, May 24, 2007

81 DAYS!

I feel like I was just let out of prison. For the next 81 days, I am FREE to do whatever I want, when I want. I can stay up all night to work on art. I can sleep until noon (I won’t but it is still nice to think about it!) I can lock myself in the house and not speak to anybody for days. This time will be my heaven!
I have a long list of things I want to happen in these next 81 days. Of course, I will be stepping into high gear in regards to art production. I have bunches of small home related tasks to complete. Also, I want to concentrate on getting healthy. This year, I let myself go and ran myself ragged. I take responsibility for that. I had an “I just don’t care” attitude about eating and exercising. I get that way when I am too stressed. Consequently, I feel like crap right now, emotionally, physically, and spiritually. Sometimes, I tend to keep my eye on the wrong prize. In this case, instead of focusing on the prize of health, I was just eyeing May 24th (Today, the start of my summer vacation.). Well, I made it so now I have to refocus on ME.
I have a great start to my vacation. I was accepted into an exhibition at Rawls Museum Arts, an affiliate of Virginia Museum of Fine Arts. One of my “Sight Bites” will be there. This is a series of work I have continued to do for years. One day, I would like to have an entire exhibition devoted to just my Sight Bites series. They are cool, thought provoking, small, painted, collages. Without giving a complete art statement here, I will say this series represents visual “teasers” to get the viewers thought processes dusted off and moving.
Well, gotta go make Day ONE of my vacation productive! I will, for sure!

”School Uniforms”
Acrylic, Mixed Media on Canvas
Sight Bite Series

No comments: