Sunday, May 27, 2007

Gizmo! What have we done?

Why is it sometimes when you clean, things get messier before they get cleaner? I decided to reorganize my studio. YIKES! What a mess! I am putting new shelves in and cleaning out boxes of stuff I haven’t used in at least five years. Like most artists, I am a pack rat. However, I am also a modified version of a neat freak. Actually, I don’t need things “neat”; I need things organized. Otherwise, I can’t think straight. So my goal is to create an environment of organized clutter.
One thing has lead to another. After taking out the old shelves and file cabinet, I noticed the floor around the rug was so ugly. I had bunches of half used cups of paint lying around, so I started to paint the perimeter of the room with wild swashes of paint. I love those “I am glad this is MY house moments!” I would love to do the entire floor in this DeKooningesque pattern. I just don’t want to take all the furniture out of the studio to do this. I will have to be happy with the edges around the rug for now. I don’t want to spend the next month working on my studio. I want to make art! Back to cleaning.


“Gizmo, Wizard of Wizzlewolf” supervising my studio cleaning

No comments: