Sunday, June 3, 2007

Cultural Virus BIG TIME

When are we all going to wake up? Waz up wit dis? What does it take for us to realize what we are doing here in America? Just look. I want to scream, yell, flap my wings, whatever. The most depressing part of all this is I don’t think it would matter what anybody says or does. Apathy? Helplessness? Maybe things are just too big? We have come to this. It is sickening and sad. I know some of you will think...oh that is Hollywood! I disagree. I think this is a reflection of our society as a whole. There are different degrees of malfunction, but it results in the same outcome. So what are we going to do now? You better think fast. This is not a good projection of our future. Ya think? So what can we do to make our American future better? I fear I ask this question too late!

My response. I REPEAT:

Click to go to enlarge

1 comment:

gilda said...

Sheree, I usually pay little if any attention to the lifestyles of the rich and stupid, but I feel particularily sad about what is happening to Ms Lohan. Kate and I have watched all of her movies, following her career from her kid roles until now. She strikes me as a very talented, intelligent actress and we have always enjoyed her films. But I just want to shake her....I want to sit down and tell her about Jean Michel Basquiat, and other young, talented artists who threw it all away for no reason. I think I care much more for her than the other name in the news, Paris Hilton, because Lohan is an artist and Hilton is merely a celebrity trading in on all the hard work and contributions that past generations of her family made. But when all is said and done, fate will have its way. I only hope she looks long and hard at that picture or in the mirror and has an epiphany about her future. Maybe if she does this she will indeed have a future.