Friday, June 29, 2007

Just keep moving!

Whether we want to admit it or not, every artist has times of doubt. There are moments when we know we are doing what we were born to do and need to do. We realize we are doing what is right. Yet it is difficult to keep going because living an artist’s life can be solitary and void of feedback. Actually, most artists really don’t want “feedback”. In reality (I am being honest here!), they wish for someone to say “Just keep doing what you do. You are on the right track! Good for you!” Often, those supporters are few and far between. That is why it is important for artists to be their own grateful audience. It is vital to contribute, develop, and celebrate a self-support system. You need to become accustomed to giving yourself a pat on your own back! This is one of those times for me. I know for sure the work I am working on now is significant. Maybe this revelation will only be important to me. Actually, I don't really care about that. Who cares? I care! That is all that is important at this moment. This work is worthwhile. I know it. I just have to keep moving. In the end, all I want is to be happy and confident that I was true to myself. I am very busy fulfilling that desire. I am thankful that I realize this now.


”Radiant”
Click to see detail