Thursday, July 19, 2007

Another baby is born!

I am so excited. I have finished another painting for my “States of Feeling” series. The reason I am so happy is because I can finally see some continuity! The concept of related ideas or serial artworks has never been my thing. In fact, when you look at my website, it is obvious that I have always presented a gallimaufry of ideas. I did this on purpose. In part, this lack of focus has to do with my hyperactive mind. I am sure I qualify as being ADHD. It has always been so difficult for me to set my mind on one thing or idea for as long as it takes to paint the first one of a series, let alone the entire series. Consequently, I have ended up with a hodgepodge of pieces. If you scan my website, it is easy to notice some of the works don’t even look like the same person did them!
I spoke last month about my “Summer of Me”. I made a list of goals I wanted to accomplish this summer. One of the points on the list was to start thinking in series. I am doing a great job! I already have more than a dozen “Misbehaviorists”. Now I have three, soon to be four “States of Feeling”. I have ideas for two more series too. However, I am holding myself back! I need to concentrate on these two progressions first.
So I introduce you to my new baby.
Her name is “CALM”.
She is part of the “States of Feeling” family.


”Calm”
Acrylic on Canvas
24” X 24”
Click to see Detail

2 comments:

eco said...

Sheree, I applaud you for being able to continuously produce works of art. Especially in series. I find that, as of late, I am less and less productive. Mainly because if I paint it it just winds up in the hall closet, you know? Not that I need anyone else to want them, but it seems silly to paint something when there's no purpose for it? Perplexing.

Sheree Rensel said...

Eco, No applause needed. We must be different. I would never put my stuff in a closet. I hang all my work where I can see it. My house is kind of unconventional. There are paintings from floor to ceiling. I still have some room left! It helps that I enter juried shows, so usually some of the stuff is out of town.
Also, I see my work as having a purpose. I make art for ME. I love looking and admiring the stuff I make. I haven't ever cared if anybody wants it or not. In fact, there was a time when I was sad somebody bought pieces in a show!! LOL LOL LOL I am over that now!! Tee HEE HEE