Thursday, August 23, 2007

Seeking CALM

Yesterday I posted an awful post. I had a hissy fit about being rejected from a rinky dink show. I was and I am still outraged. However after posting the negative rant, I took a nap, got up, got online, and deleted it. I did this because it just didn’t make me feel good. I am better than that. I KNOW better. I have better things to do with my emotional energy.
In the past 24 hours, I have received “counseling” from my friend Gilda. Now, I realize this is more than a stupid reaction. I also concluded I need to aim higher. This sounds strange because I have been ranting about being rejected from a little, insignificant exhibition. I think this is my problem. I don’t really care about stupid, local exhibitions. I think more of my art and myself. However, I choose to do those kinds of shows for my own mental and emotional protection. I need to think about this more. I have to start understanding my intent. I have to start visualizing what I really want. I have to find my true targets, point my arrow, shoot at that target, and see where it lands. Also, I have to realize there are a lot of idiots (OPPS, I mean people who don't understand my art!) out there who jury shows. LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

”Calm”
Acrylic on (gallery wrapped) Canvas
24” X 24”
Click to go to “STATES” page
Click “Calm” to Enlarge

2 comments:

Cath Sheard said...

Good on you for deleting the 'bad' post. And good on you for admitting to the hissy fit. Isn't it weird how being rejected, even by someone whose opinion should not count, can spin our wheels all the same? Yet we know better really.
You used the word INTENT. The other day, asking my Angel cards for direction as always, I came up with just that message, about watching my intent. So there you go - I draw the INTENT card, then read your blog. Gotcha huh?
Bless you - hugs and blessings in fact.

Sheree Rensel said...

Cath,
Thanks so much for your kind words! Yes, I am glad I deleted the negative post. I go by the saying "If it doesn't feel good, don't do it!" It did feel good to write that post!! LOL LOL However, it didn't feel good after I posted it! So, I am over that now.
INTENT is a biggie with me right now. I think this last rejection hit me so hard because there are exhibitions I enter and WONDER if my work will be chosen. This particular show was not like that. I already VISUALIZED being in the show. I had this feeling it was all good. Then when I got the rejection, I was stunned. However as I look back at this, I realize my intent was just to show there. I didn't really respect that juror in the first place. Nor after looking at her work, did I think we were kindred spirits. I entered anyway. That was not good intent.
Oh well, we live and learn. RIGHT?