Monday, August 13, 2007

Such a Sad, Sad Day

My artist friend, Gilda Snowden emailed me today. She sent me the link below to a NY Times article. It is such a sad, sad day. The great painter, Elizabeth Murray died. She was only 66 years old. This might sound ancient to the 20 or 30 somethings out there. However, if you want to live to be over 100, 66 years old isn’t old enough. I told Gilda I have a relatively recent video of Elizabeth speaking about her life and art. She was such an inspiration. Not only was she a great artist, but she seemed like such a vibrant, wonderful, sincere human being.
She has gone from this earth too soon, but she has left behind a legacy of magnificent art.

Click to go to NYTimes article

1 comment:

Martha Marshall said...

Sheree, I had not heard this news. I was (an) such a fan of Elizabeth Murray and her work. I was so very impressed with her ease and honesty on the piece that was done about her on the PBS Art21 series. And her work is amazing and inspiring!