Sunday, September 23, 2007

Believing MY Secret

Thoughts become actions. Thoughts become actions. Thoughts become actions. A few months ago, I wrote about the book “The Secret”. I can’t remember what I said exactly, but I do know I spoke about the Law of Attraction. I learned about this concept a long time ago and my belief in it was confirmed when someone gave me the book “You Can Have It All”. It speaks of the same information as the Secret albeit it was published 25 years earlier. The Secret is more popular because it is a new age self-help book that was launched and backed by a big buck marketing campaign. I like both takes on the LAW. I really believe in it. I listen to the Secret CD just about every day while driving. I take some of it with a grain of salt. Some of the claims of the “experts” on the CD make my eyes roll a bit. However, the brass tacks message is one close to my heart. If you strip off the glitz and expose the bare bones, the true message is basically “You are what you think!” This is an oversimplification, but you get the idea. Throughout the CD you will hear speaker after speaker reminding us that thoughts become actions. If you think positive thoughts and images that is what your life will reflect. Sounds so simple!!
I try so hard to sort out my thoughts. I am working hard on visualizing what I want my art to be, where I want it to go, and seeing my own future. I truly believe in this technique because I am living my past visualizations. There was a time I visualized my current home. I actually meditated on obtaining my current job. I thought positively in order to live the life I live right now. Yesterday, I had a grand light bulb moment. If I am supposed to be thinking about the POSITIVES, I have to stop thinking and writing (bitching) about the things I don’t want in my life anymore. I realized I am focusing on those things. Therefore, the law of attraction keeps sending them back to me over and over again. I have to SEE and THINK what I WANT. I am done thinking about what I don’t want. If you are a reader, do me a favor. In future posts, if I complain about the status quo, call me on it!!! I will thank you for your head thump!

3 comments:

Martha Marshall said...

Sheree, this is so timely for me. Thank you for the little kick in the butt. Current events have dragged me down so much that I've had to switch off the TV until further notice!

Now every day I'm playing wonderful music, burning green candles, and painting.

Martha

Lisa said...

I've been thinking a lot about this lately myself and trying my best to not focus on the negatives. Staying positive really helps me stay focused.

Sheree Rensel said...

Martha and Lisa,
I think many of us are thinking of being positive and WANT to be positive. It seems and sounds so easy, but it isn't. In fact, I am sitting here right now trying to think of a topic for my next blog entry. I want so much to be POSITIVE. I don't think I will write anything today. It is not that I can't be positive. I just want to focus on ART. I have so many things to do and get done, art eludes me at this moment. The "Life Happens" saying comes to mind. I really wish I could just stop the world sometimes. My goal for this week is to get myself back into a positive ART mood. It might take me until the weekend, but I can do it! Yep! That's the ticket! All I can do is set goals and then work toward them. At least, it is a good start!
:-)
Sheree