Saturday, September 1, 2007

Brain Dead

Yep, today was one of those days. I woke up and was so tired; I made the decision to do nothing. The little bit of energy I possessed was spent while using my thumb to click the TV remote while switching from one crime show to another. One conclusion I made during this TV marathon was I am glad I am not married because there seems to be an awful lot of homicidal spouses out there.
Usually when I am in one of these brain dead states, I stare at the TV screen and listen to the forensic strategies used to catch these not so clever criminals. I am amazed at the gore that is displayed on the screen these days. There is just too much detail.
Sometime this afternoon, I became bored with all the blood and shifted my finger efforts to the computer keyboard. Somehow, I ended up reading an article in New York magazine about the Duncan/Blake suicides. Gee, that made me feel better (NOT).
I went out to get my mail and I had received a postcard announcing a show at The Gallery at Penn College. The exhibition is showing the work of Jason Godeke. The piece on the front of the postcard looked interesting. I decided to do a bit of research on his work. The very first painting I came to was the one shown below.
Geesh, I feel stuck in a death rut. Optimism seemed to elude me today. So much for the joy of life.
“The sun will come out tomorrow, bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow there’ll be sun…”

”The Tree”
by Jason Godeke
Click to see more of Jason’s work

No comments: