Wednesday, October 24, 2007

GREAT cause!!

I am having a very hard time right now trying to figure out what I WANT to do. I don’t know if it is age, my current state of mind, or both, but it takes a lot to get me excited about anything. I have always been a “self-help” junkie. I am always trying to improve myself. Lately, it has gotten harder. I just want to BE. Despite the desire to let go of all my lists and racing thoughts of things I want to do or don’t want to do, there is one thing I am SURE I wish I could do. I have always had the desire to own a warehouse or commercial building to renovate. I have always wanted to own a space to make studios for other artists. This desire started back in Detroit. I would go to parties at art studios downtown and wish I owned the places. Then, I had a boyfriend who owned a warehouse. He wasn’t an artist, but he bought the building and slowly renovated each floor with artist studio spaces. That was such a neat building. I was so jealous! I have always wanted to do that. I have never been able to afford to do it though.
Anyway, this week I learned of this couple in Arkansas who bought an old church. They are renovating it to live in and use as a community arts space. They have a website and many videos online about their progress. They started a memorial fund strictly for the restoration of the stained glass and the circa 1910 pipe organ. WOWY ZOWY! I think this is a really heroic and worthy cause. Send your “pennies” to:

First National Bank Hot Springs
Attn. Bill Weston
Saving Grace Memorial Fund
135 Section Line Rd.
Hot Springs AR. 71913

I am sure they would appreciate any amount you can contribute. Go to their website and view the video stories of this journey. How COOL!!!! I wish them such great luck!!

Click pic to go to the Art Haven and Stage Blog
SEND THEM YOUR PENNIES!!!

No comments: