Friday, November 16, 2007

THANKFUL COUNTDOWN #7 FREEDOM

I have decided to countdown for the next seven days. I want to account for the TOP seven things for which I am THANKFUL! Number 7 on my list is FREEDOM. I have always been independent. I laugh as I think back to my childhood. I have always been a petite "tomboy". Even as a preschooler, I would
walk the neighborhood carrying a step stool. I did this just in case I had to climb something outside. I didn't want to ask for help. I wanted to do everything myself. This was a good thing. I learned to take care of my needs very early in life.
As time went on, I remember when I got my first driver's license. Oh my gosh!! I felt like I had been born again. This feeling repeated itself when I would buy each new car or with each new job. I was collecting skills and experiences to be FREE!
For sure, this attribute and desire has played havoc with my social life. I have never wanted to be accountable for my time or energy. I just want to do what I want to do. Looking over the years and through my card catalog of relationships, I see the demise of these relationships was my own fault. I just didn’t want to tell anyone where I was going or what I was doing. Devulging this kind of information would be totally against my nature. I was never up to anything negative or suspect. I just never wanted to be predictable. Needless to say, not many people want a partner like that. I don’t blame them! I am not sad I am alone now. In fact, I rejoice in my state of isolation. In my younger years, I did the relationship thing because I thought that was what was expected especially for women. It never felt right for me. Now, I realize I LOVE being alone to do what I want, when I want, how I want, and however I want. I am as FREE as I could be and I am thankful for this!



There is no comparable feeling.
To be FREE is the joy of life.
"Free", 24" X 24"
Click to enlarge

No comments: