Thursday, December 13, 2007

Healthy Artist

I promised I wouldn't talk about my "issues" with body image. Therefore, I will not get into any blah blah blah dialogue about this dreaded and boring subject. However, I will say we all have to take care of ourselves (mind, body, spirit, and emotion). If we don't, we are not doing our best for ourselves or others. Also, our art suffers. We must have energy, stamina, and a clear mind to produce work which is substantial. This is why this topic is important to me.
I started doing 5K runs in 2004. I stopped doing 5Ks in March of 2006. The reason I stopped is complicated and I don't want to bore you. However, I realized at the beginning of this month, I HAVE to continue with stuff like this. I just HAVE to. The reason for this decision is multi-fold. The most important reason is when Sheree finishes a 5K, she feels like Superwoman. Likewise, she feels like SuperArtist. Hey, this sounds GOOD to me!!
I decided to do my first 5K in 20 months, last night. I didn't do as bad as I thought. I was so proud! This feeling of pride will spill over into my work and my art life. How good is that? Take a look at last night's 5K. I WISH I could run this fast in real life!!! LOL LOL LOL Whoopeeeeeee!!!

2 comments:

AngelaFerreira said...

Gosh you have much more energy than me thats for sure! I'm an 78 year old in a 29 year old body full of pains and drains...

Sheree Rensel said...

Well Angela,
I don't know what to tell you. However, if you are aching at 29...YIKES! Just wait until you get to be my age! I don't want to preach, so I won't. In my case, I want to get to be 78 years old, so I work at keepin things moving!
:-)