Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Ideas of Separation

It is so interesting the way this blog post idea came about. I ordered a gift for someone via amazon.com. I accidently ordered two copies of a particular CD. Therefore when the order came, I had two CDs for deep meditation. OK…… At first, I was bummed. I was disappointed I had made the mistake while ordering. Then, I was disappointed with the idea I had to return something. Yet, I thought for a moment. I decided to keep this CD. I believe things happen for a reason. I must need this CD. As I continued to think about this CD and meditation, I realized I hadn’t done Yoga in a long time. I decided to do a bit of research on both Yoga and meditation. This sequence of events made me laugh. It is just like the creative process. One thought leads to another and another.
This is where this topic came to the forefront. I was on a website and I read about “Ideas of Separation”. I had an “A-ha” moment. I am so guilty of this. I do it all the time. IDEAS OF SEPARATION are when you see yourself as separate from others. For example, “THEY are rich; I am poor.””I am not successful; THEY are.” “SHE got attention; I didn’t.” “SHE has a great art career; I don’t”. “HE is young; I am not.” “People like him.” Nobody likes me.” You get the idea. All this is such psycho B.S.!
I think this way a lot. Maybe I don’t express it out loud. However, I think it all the time. I have a lifelong habit of separating myself from others. I have glorified my isolation in my own mind. Maybe this isn’t such a healthy thing to do. Even when someone relates to one of my art works or even one of my blog posts, I feel shocked! What???? Someone relates??? Really??? I have to see the truth of this concept. I have ideas of separation all the time. I have to stop this nonsense. Not only is it a lie, it is nonproductive.


”TRANSLATION”
Acrylic/Canvas/Mixed Media
10” X 8”
Click to Enlarge

No comments: