Saturday, December 1, 2007

Pity Party

Today is a Boo Hoo day. You know the kind. We all have them. Maybe I am just too tired. Maybe I haven’t been taking good care of myself. Maybe, maybe, maybe, whatever! Anyway, WELCOME! Grab a beer out of the frig and sit down. We can be depressed together! LOL LOL
I have always been an overachiever. I zoom, zoom, zoom and then the blast of energy deflates. I have to land somewhere. Usually, I end up with a day or two like today. I don’t want to do anything; yet I feel totally guilty for not accomplishing anything. And so it goes….on and on and on. Sometimes I get into these creative tangents that rival out of body experiences. Case in point: I got a Google alert with my name on it. I didn’t recognize the website, so I went to take a look. There on the page was a “Teaching Philosophy” written by me. Apparently, this blogger was collecting examples for teachers. I read the writing and actually thought “Wow, this person really has it together!” For a second, I forgot I had written this blah, blah, blah. To be honest, I don’t remember writing it. In retrospect, I do know I wrote it to get a college teaching job. It worked. I was hired. The classes didn’t run. So much for being articulate.
See what I mean. I hate when I have this attitude. I hate it. I watched too many art videos today. I went to too many art websites. It is fine to go visit other artists once in a while. However for me, I have to do it in “moderation”. Otherwise, I start feeling like I do right now. I start feeling like what is the point? There are too many artists. I am not “good” enough. I have to do more, more, more, more, more, MORE!
STOP IT SHEREE!

Today, I am going to do NOTHING.
That is just fine.


”Translation”
Click to enlarge
POST AFTER THOUGHT: This is why pity parties really don’t make sense.
I went to go get the URL for this picture.
On my way there, I had to go through my webpages.
I was thinking, “Gee, this site looks really nice!
I sure have done a lot of work lately.
OPTIMISM!! Huh??? Crap!!
I can’t even be depressed properly!

LOL LOL

No comments: