Thursday, January 3, 2008

Happy New Year
Happy New Work!

Knock, knock, anybody home?? I feel like I have abandoned ship!! Well, I am back on track now. I have been so busy painting, painting, painting, and making YouTube videos; this little blog was put on the back burner. However, I am very proud of myself. I had a looming deadline. So I kicked myself into high gear and finished two paintings. Whooopeeeeee! I even got the CD in the mail a day early! Hooray for me!
I have been creating like a Mad Woman. I love this feeling. The only problem is I would scare anyone who might come to my door because I haven’t combed my hair in days. I have stuff going on in every room of my house. I had been working in my studio, but it is getting cold out there. I set up more space in my living room and have been painting away.
One of the pieces I finished is titled “Imprisoned”. It is part of my “States of Being” series. The second piece I finished is called “Healthy, Wealthy, WISE?” This is a part of my “Sight Bite” series. Today, I was going to start a whole new painting, but stopped myself. I have some small pieces that I need to finish. I am going to do that first.
I had the quietest, most sober New Year’s Eve every. I sat here alone sans alcohol and watched the TV while surfing the net. I was proud of my restraint the next morning and woke up without a hangover. I thought “This is a great way to start the New Year – ALERT!”
I hope all of you have a wonderful, prosperous, and creative new year!!!


Acrylic on canvas
24" x 24"
Click to Enlarge


Acrylic / Mixed Media on canvas
20" x 16"
Click to Enlarge


I made videos of the progress of both of these paintings.
The videos can be seen on the Wizzle Workz Channel

2 comments:

Laurel in Austin said...

Hi Sheree - I missed you, but I'm glad you have been so productive. Yes, we do read your blog - I've been checking every day and was hoping you hadn't fallen down the rabbit hole. Keep it up - you are an inspiration to me & my art-demons.

Sheree Rensel said...

Oh geesh!! HOORAY!! Someone reads my blog!! HOORAH!!! You just made me so happy!!! It is funny because I just spent a half hour writing "encouragement" messages to a few internet friends who felt unloved! It isn't that I feel unloved. I think I feel like I am talking to myself sometimes. Anybody who blogs will understand this feeling. However, now I know SOMEBODY is reading! So thank you so much for commenting! ((((((((HUGS)))))))))