Saturday, January 12, 2008

Reflections

I missed my “anniversary”! I am talking about this blog’s anniversary! I can’t believe I have been doing this blog since January 6, 2007. The year did go so quickly. It amazes me how much I have written too. I printed out all the pages so I can have a hard copy of this “Visual Blog”. The binder is THICK with pages! I have noticed some bloggers do a year’s “highlights” post. I am not going to do that. I am just proud of this as an accomplishment and another way to organize my thoughts as I live my art life.
Today, I made a video about my “Sight Bite” series. I love doing these videos because it is another form of creating. Also, it helps me to make order out of the progression of my work. It is like cleaning out your closet or arranging the elements on a shelf. It gives you a fresh eye and a new way of seeing your work.
Another reason I love doing videos about my art is because it allows me to reflect in a visual way. I can SEE my past. I can look back and follow the direction I have been going. My art videos are like moving mirrors. With their reflections, I can see the concrete manifestation of my energy.



”Sight Bites”
the video

4 comments:

Leoqueen said...

Sheree this video was beautiful! I would LOVE to see all of your Sight Bites published in a book! Your videos make me soooo eager to begin sharing images and ideas in this medium. As soon as I get my new video camera I begin!

Sheree Rensel said...

Gilda!!! I am WAITING for your videos!!!! Tick Tick Tick!! I am glad you liked this new video. I wanted to make one, but the ones I make of me in my studio are like watching paint dry (pun intended)! LOL LOL I am trying to think of a way to spice them up a little. One artist on YouTube paints in his underwear!! HA HA HA Well...that just isn't an option for me!! TEE HEE
Oh, I have to tell you something, but I will email you. Lovey dovey!!
S.

Andrew Leigh said...

Nice video, Sheree - lots of very thought provoking images.

Happy first birthday to you and the blog.

Sheree Rensel said...

Thank you Andrew for the kind words. Yes, I was thinking annivarsary, but I like the "birthday" idea better!! Happy Birthday to my Visual Blog!! Tee HEE
:-)