Monday, June 30, 2008

Art Blog: Balance

I am not into astrology, metaphysics, or other modes of hocus pocus. I do believe in aliens and the idea of past lives is very intriguing. I just don’t base my life on the study of such phenomenon.
I keep talking about my “PERFECT DAYS” because I have become very conscious of when I am happy or not and what is happening when I am in either state of mind.
Today I read my horoscope and had a light bulb moment. It said:
“June 30, 2008
Balanced Success
Virgo Daily Horoscope
As your recent endeavors come together in a meaningful way today, you may realize that you are closer to achieving your outer world goals than ever before. This revelation can compel you to immerse yourself wholeheartedly in your labors to the exclusion of all else. You may hinder more than help yourself, however, by devoting yourself completely to a single element of your existence. If you make sure to nurture your intellectual, emotional, and spiritual selves as you pursue your ambitions today, you will likely find you can derive even more satisfaction from your triumphs. You can guarantee your soulful well-being by taking regular breaks in order to refocus your mental and physical energy on activities that bring you pleasure.”


YEP! This is the key. I know this very well and have for a long time. I just wasn’t putting it together with my so called perfect days. I realize now the reason those days seem so wonderful is because I have created and demonstrated balance. There is a little bit of something for all facets of my being. For example, yesterday I covered all bases. I ate well and went to the gym=PHYSICAL; I worked on the computer and organized some files=INTELLECT; I worked on my art=CREATIVITY; and I meditated about remembering to trust the Universe and stay calm=SPIRITUALITY. This is the reason why my perfect days feel so great. I am in balance.


For years, I have used this “Power Deck” as a game to cheer me up and lightly guide me. It is a deck of cards that basically tells you if you are out of balance and if so, in what direction. I drag these cards out when I feel really frazzled. It is fun to “read” the results. Just like reading your horoscope, this card deck is for fun entertainment purposes, but keeping balance in your life is very serious business. It really is.

8 comments:

Martha Marshall said...

Working at balance myself right now. I like your cards idea. Thanks for that!

Sheree Rensel said...

Martha,
Those cards are fun! When you do them, it is like everything else and depends on your perspective at the moment. But once you finish the little ritual and lay them out, it is hysterical to "interpret" them. Also, there is always some weird, personal truth discovered! :-)

Eva said...

Whoa, you're a virgo too?

Sheree Rensel said...

Eva,
Ha!! Oh yeah! I am a big time VIRGO! In fact, I am a very "balanced" Virgo. I am obviously very creative, but I am also OCD enough to be an accountant (if I wanted to live a life that included MATH!) LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL
:-)
Sheree

Linda Blondheim said...

A good read Sheree.
Love,
Linda
www.lindablondheimartnotes.blogspot.com

Sheree Rensel said...

Thanks Linda!! I am glad you could relate!
:-)
Sheree

Eva said...

When is your birthday? I am the 13th.
Eva

Sheree Rensel said...

Eva!
I am September 15. (But I am older than you) LOL LOL LOL LOL