Sunday, June 8, 2008

Art Blog: Chillin’

Yes. Today I am just “chillin” or at least trying to. I am sitting out in “Wizzlewolf Park”. (My backyard) I am trying not to think of the job thing. It isn’t working very well, but it is the thought that counts. I went to the store and bought groceries for a picnic. I am going to make a cheeseburger and corn on the cob for dinner. I haven’t done anything like that for a long time.
A dear friend came over yesterday to help me with yard work. He knows my current job situation well. He works there too. However, he doesn’t have to be with the kids all day. He understands what I am going through and he understands why I am so frazzled. He gave me some great advice. He told me to take a few weeks off to relax, recuperate, and then, start to plan. I love his advice. I think he is correct. It is just hard for me to relax when I know things need to get done.
I do have some art projects to do. Remember ART? I have until the end of this month to meet those deadlines.
So today I am going to be as happy as I can be and think of the great things in my life. “Wizzlewolf Park” is one of them. I must be Xeriscaping without knowing it. I NEVER water or fertilize anything. I figure if it grows with no help from me it can be in my yard. I have always been frugal. I don’t like spending loads of money on landscaping and then have it die off because I didn’t spend more money trying to make it survive. Well, this is what has happened. I have a little Florida jungle living without any help from me. Cool!






Do you ever get so accustomed to your surroundings you don’t SEE it anymore?

Boy, oh boy, I am guilty of this!
It is time to stop and take inventory of where I am at and where I want to go. Being so hyperactive and neurotic makes it difficult for me to do this. However, I am forcing myself to just be still and make the right decisions. Gee, does anybody have some rope so I can tie myself down so I can just be still for a few moments? In the meantime, I did notice my backyard ANGEL. I love her. She has been there for me for the past seven years. I believe in her. I went out and patted her head. I asked her to help me through this.
I think she smiled (?)

No comments: