Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Art Blog: Personal Responsibility

WE DO WHAT WE WANT TO DO!
This was the subject of a recent atree3 YouTube video response to a comment I left for her on another video. My comment whined about wanting another job and trying to survive as an artist, etc. etc. She responded with a video telling people we do what we WANT in our lives. In other words, if you are feeling discomfort, why do you keep doing what you are doing? It is like pounding yourself in the head hoping to get a different reaction. NOPE. It hurts every time. The life lesson is you have to stop bopping yourself in the head and then the pain stops!!! DUH!!
In her video to me, she mentioned thinking of things differently. She said that we are responsible for our situations and how our lives are run. She told me to realize what this job has given me. She said to think how teaching has affected my art. I do. I do. I do. I do realize it all. The ironic part of this series of YouTube correspondence is during my “defining moment” mentioned a few posts ago; I actually said those exact words. I turned to a colleague at work and said
“I don’t WANT to do this anymore!”

I made this thank you video for atree3. It is cathartic to hear myself say the things that are bopping me in the head. I am ready to put the hammer down. Ooooo, that feels good!! LOL


This is my response video to atree3
She reminded me of what I already know and have always embraced.
I just needed a little kick in the head to jog my brain cells.
Oh yeah, now I remember ME.

No comments: