Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Art Blog: Just Keep MOVING

Oh My Goodness!!! Now bear with me here. I know. I know. I am yapping on like a blithering idiot! I can’t help it. I am human. I am going through changes. I need to express what I am feeling and what I am going to do about it.
As you know, the job change process is in motion. It occurred to me today: THIS IS HAPPENING! I had a couple of opportunities to speak with prospective employers today. This is what made me realize all these desires CAN come to fruition. They really can.
I am feeling so much stress and anxiety. CHANGE is a really weird thing. I am so distressed right now. What will happen?? What will I be doing next year?? Who knows.
Today, I spoke with a friend about seeking a new life. I told them of my anxiety. They listened like good friends do. A few days ago I saw a post calling for artists to become “guest artists” who wanted to work via art with mentally handicapped adults. Even though this is really not my area of expertise, I sent an email of interest. I guess this response is a tribute to my Uncle Bobby. (See the video link below) This is something new and will keep me moving until the change transforms. Really, I don’t know what else to do. I just want to keep moving. I want new experiences. I want to keep busy.
All this will help me make the transition. Transition to what? I don’t know. I have no clue. I am asking the Universe to give me a sign. I am looking up right now. As I gaze toward the sky, I don’t see anything yet.
Maybe soon?


This is a tribute to my Uncle Bobby.
I didn’t get into the Special Education biz by accident.
I have a family history of all kinds of maladies.
I chose to work with individuals with emotional disorders.
This is very different from working with mentally handicapped students.
My students think just fine and are capable of having an average I.Q.
It is their emotions that are out of control.
They need to learn how to cope and control their emotions.
I can teach that well.
However, my roots belong to my Uncle Bobby who had Downs Syndrome.
Surely having him in my life played a role in my interest in working with disabled individuals.
Life works in strange ways.

No comments: