Friday, July 25, 2008

Art Blog: Thank you Dr. Pausch

"Brick walls are there for a reason. They let us prove how badly we want things. Brick walls aren’t meant to keep us from doing things but to separate the ones who REALLY want to do something (those who find a way around the brick wall) from those who don’t (those who give up)”
Dr. Randy Pausch
1960-2008

I have been following the story of Randy Pausch for a while now. He is the author of the “LAST LECTURE”.
I was so, so, sad this morning to learn Professor Randy Pausch died this morning. Say a prayer for his family. This is such a tremendous loss for them and the entire world.
There are many, many videos about Dr. Pausch. The first I have included here is a very brief, news snippet of the lecture. The second video is a lengthy video, but provides the full scope of his wisdom.




Thank you Professor Pausch for allowing me to hear your strong messages and reminding me of the true meaning of life. Thank you so much. RIP.

3 comments:

This Brazen Teacher said...

I have been running into a certain brick wall repeatedly this summer, and so this post came at a much needed time for me.

When I saw Prof. Pausch passed away I thought about posting about it myself- but decided against it bc of time constraints. I'm so glad you did. Thank you :-)

Sheree Rensel said...

Brazen,
It so ironic you mentioned this. Today's blog entry is titled "Brick Walls". I haven't uploaded it yet. This idea of brick walls is so relevant to my past and current life. I too am experiencing some heavy duty brick walls right now.
It was so shocking to me that Dr. Pausch died. Even though I knew he was terminally ill, there was a part of me in denial because he seemed so vital and alive.
I have been thinking about this for the past 24 hours. He was such an inspiration to me. His legacy will live on in so many ways.
Thanks for commenting!
Sheree

akula said...

hi brazen, just found your blog. thank you for this post, it's the first i've heard. when i was beginning my blog i thought of posting his lecture as my first entry...i'm not sure why i didn't. i think i forgot to. i think it's time to revisit that idea (it's never too late).