Saturday, September 27, 2008

Art Blog: Sheree the Artist, OK?

I just have too much coming at me right now. Job, art, job hunt, art, house, art, the economy, art, life, art, politics, art, art, more art. I will be fine. However to spare you the details of my artistic melt down today, I suggest you watch this. REM says it much better than I can.



"Everybody Hurts"

When the day is long and the night, the night is yours alone,
When you're sure you've had enough of this life, well hang on.
Don't let yourself go, everybody cries and everybody hurts sometimes.

Sometimes everything is wrong. Now it's time to sing along.
When your day is night alone,
If you feel like letting go,
When you think you've had too much of this life, well hang on.

Everybody hurts. Take comfort in your friends.
Everybody hurts. Don't throw your hand. Oh, no. Don't throw your hand.
If you feel like you're alone, no, no, no, you are not alone

If you're on your own in this life, the days and nights are long,
When you’re sure you've had too much of this life to hang on.

Well, everybody hurts sometimes,
Everybody cries. And everybody hurts sometimes.
And everybody hurts sometimes. So, hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on………….
Everybody hurts. Everybody cries. Everybody hurts.
You are not alone.
So, hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on. hold on, hold on. hold on, hold on…………

____________________________________________________________________________

OH! You don't think I would forget the esoteric crowd, do you?
Here is Paul Potts. Same song, different language. In other words, despair is universal!!! ;-(

4 comments:

queenlint1 said...

Sheree,

I hear you about the low grade panic that seems to be everywhere now in everyone's life.

I'm having adrenaline surges about the cost of food, gas - the necessities!

I like that you soulfully envelop your entire life in music whether concerts or digital.

I'll put you on my altar for prosperity and a bit of a respite.

Blessings,
Dina

Sheree Rensel said...

Dina,
You aren't kidding. "Low grade panic" is a good way to put it. I actually feel an undercurrent of anxiety that I have been carrying with me for the past few weeks. I think age has something to do with it. I am old enough to remember stuff like recessions and it ain't fun! The scary part about this is that it is worse than it has ever been. We are all in a lot of trouble here and I don't see any super hero standing in the wings ready to save us. I mean, no matter who gets to deal with it, it might be just too big to handle. YIKES!!!!
Thanks for your comment,
Sheree

dryadart said...

HOLD ON... my life would be sadder without you in it...thanks

Sheree Rensel said...

Dry,
That is so sweet for you to say that!! Today must be my day for compliments! That is very cool.

Don't worry. I am not going anywhere (I hope! Tee hee)

I think a lot of us are on edge lately. Things are getting kind of strange. We all have to just hold on!!
:-)