Friday, September 26, 2008

Art Blog: Sheree the ARTIST who?

No Notice Of Fear
Virgo Daily Horoscope
“You may feel slightly apathetic today as you consider the direction your life has taken. Even though your indifference can help you avoid getting swept up in thoughts of failure, you may also have trouble drumming up the necessary enthusiasm to conceive of new goals. Consider that your detachment can serve another purpose altogether if you channel your aloof mood into a more constructive mind-set. You will likely find that you can derive a sense of confidence from your indifference by simply choosing to disregard your fears. No power on earth can stand in your way today when you have chosen to tread a path wherein anxiety is irrelevant.”

OK, time for me to change hats. I just read my horoscope and it reminded me to just move on and ignore all my worries. This past six weeks is a perfect example of how artists try to juggle and while they struggle to catch all the balls, all it takes is one misstep and all the balls tumble to the ground. This is the way I feel right now. I have been so busy. Between school projects and looking for a new job, my art life has been gobbled up by the time monster. It is time for me to get back to being myself.
This is not to say the job hunt is over. Oh no. This won’t be over until I get THE job. However, I am going to set those tasks and energy on the back burner. My next job deadline isn’t until October 15. I have time at least for a week or two to think ART now.

I started gathering up call for entries for shows. I am behind on my new year’s resolutions. Did I say “behind”. LOL LOL LOL Gee, when I look at my resolution poster sitting here in front of me, I haven’t really done any of it. Well, I did get my “Lost Souls” online. However, the rest is still waiting for some kind of action. So today is the day I get moving.
I found a number of shows I want to enter. I am being very careful and selective. The economy is such that I don’t want to waste money on entry fees and shipping if the show isn’t something valuable or interesting to me. Also, I bought myself an early Christmas present. I bought a bunch of books on amazon.com. They just came. I can’t wait to dive in to my new pile of books! So from this moment until Monday morning at 6:30 AM, I am Sheree the ARTIST. Whoooo-HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Even though I bitch and moan sometimes, I just have to say:
“LIFE IS GOOD”!


2 comments:

dryadart said...

I think there is no hope for us mere mortals if YOU are behind on your resolutions!!! Have fun with that art... I am doing this boring commission I wish I had never accepted, but I will be glad to hand it over on Tuesday and get PAID!

Sheree Rensel said...

Dry,
HA!! I have done that before. I have agreed to create and make something for someone for $$$$. Even though I am so happy when it is over, I have realized the cash isn't worth the aggravation commissions bring.
Good luck with yours!! Don't spend your all you money in place!!
:-)
Sheree