Thursday, September 18, 2008

Art Blog: Wake me up WHEN

I got home from work and wanted to dive in. I have to edit, update, and prepare my college classes syllabi for a few upcoming applications. I went through my folder and started to type. I just had to stop. After working feverishly on applications in the past two weeks, I am spent. I need to just stop for a moment. In fact, I felt as if I wanted to fall into a long sleep. As I drifted off, I spoke softly “PLEASE wake me up when this is over.” Yes, there is a part of me that wants all this to be done. I want to know I have a great job for which I am enthusiastic. I know it doesn’t work that way. I have to go through this process.

Tomorrow is Friday. My next application isn’t due until October 15. I will have plenty of time to polish up my application materials and rewrite my syllabi. I can do it this weekend. I just love getting them done and out of here. I do have a bit of time though. I can take a break to reenergize.

This weekend will be an event filled couple of days. I haven’t figured out what I want to do. I WILL work on syllabi. Also, I have been thinking about going on a rollerblading/walking on the beach picnic on Saturday. Sunday, a bike hike is in order. I just have to figure in my exercise/mental health activities. It will help me think about my strategies and be at peace with the waiting. Also, it will get me into shape to face review committees. Luck is when you are prepared to accept the opportunities set before you.
I want to be PREPARED.
:-)

No comments: