Sunday, October 19, 2008

Art Blog: Finding Myself

Busy, busy, busy. I have gotten some stuff together for my new "Red" series. Luckily, I have a bunch of 8” X 10” gallery wrapped canvases that will be great for this new experiment.

Meanwhile, I look over my shoulder at my “Treasure Maps”. They are going nowhere fast. So I have been thinking about them for the last 24 hours. I was wondering what the purpose of this series is and why am I fixed on this idea for new paintings. After mulling it around in the back of my mind, it dawned on me. I am in such a strange PLACE mentally and emotionally right now, I think I am trying to find myself. I am trying to find the paths that I will take for the rest of my life. That gave me the idea to find where I am right now! LOL LOL

I went on Google Earth and found my house. I took the original photo and experimented with the map image. This is a simple jumping off point. It is kind of interesting. I am looking at the images and wondering how I can use these.

I am taking some time today to get out and about. I am going to the Bike Bash at the park and then I will ride over to the Pier to listen to some Blues music. While relaxing today, I am sure my maps will be cooking in my “brain oven”.
Happy Sunday!


This is where I live. “1300”

“1300 Red”

“1300 Yellow”

“1300 Blue”

No comments: