Friday, October 31, 2008

Art Blog: Let’s IMAGINE

Have any of you ever watched TMZ and seen the latest/greatest starlet running around Hollywood wining, dining, and shopping? Have you ever wondered what it would be like to have that kind of life? I have.

However as I have drooled, I am not thinking of what it would be like to have the newest Prada purse or the most elite Manolo Blahnik shoes or even throw money away for a dinner at STK. I think of art supplies, a HUGE studio, nouveau riche friends, and patrons with old money. I fantasize about having time in my studio to create without a worry in the world about how to pay the mortgage. I would have assistants. Yes, lots of assistants. I would tell them what I want to create and their expertise would help me build the sculpture or drive the crane. They would help me maneuver wall size canvases. I would be able to focus on art. The world would be my art oyster!
Here is a video with commentary from ONE of Judy Pfaff’s assistants.
HEY, it is nice to dream.

Did you notice he said “A LOT of us”. She doesn’t have one assistant. She has a LOT. Let’s imagine what it would be like. I can. Oh, to dream!
P.S. I LOVE Judy Pfaff. She deserves every single assistant she can afford. Good for her!!! You go girl!

2 comments:

Clarisse Teagen said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Martha Marshall said...

I am a big fan of Judy Pfaff!!

And I'm a big fan of having big dreams.