Monday, October 20, 2008

Art Blog: Passages

We all go through this. If you haven’t already, you will. I am talking about wandering aimlessly in an unknown territory. I am experiencing a kind of “What will happen next?” time in my life. I went on a bike ride to clear my mind, think about art and life, and get a bit of exercise. It was such a productive day. I did some really good work. I learned a lot.

I was very lucky in that a blues guitarist/singer was playing at the Pier. I sat and listened. It reminded me so much of the music I heard at Alvin’s in Detroit years ago. I think that was one of the happiest (or at least) most creative times in my life. For a moment, I thought about how our past and present are linked by this peculiar, invisible thread. I can still feel my feet sliding on the dance floor at Alvin’s. It was a slinky, bluesy rhythm that propelled me into an artsy, bohemian psychic dream. I was in “Sheree’s Artist World” back then. I like being there. I wish I could stay in that state of mind always. I was back there today. I loved it.

During the bike hike and impromptu concert, everything seemed to fit together like a perfect puzzle. I was out in the sunshine. I had my wonderful “Violet” bike. People looked at me, giggled, and smirked. This is just fine. I am the weird (oldish) lady who doesn’t act her age. They look and either snicker or give me the thumbs up. When that happens, I am reminded that life is good.
So I am going through this passage. I am not going to tell you how awful it is or express my angst. No. Today, I realized this is going to be remembered as a very, very great time in my life. I see how things are the way they are supposed to be. I am at a turning point. I am at a crossroad. I have no idea which direction the Universe will lead me. This is freaking me out. However, I just have to let my shoulders down and relax. The Universe has never let me down. I have to just sit back and wait for the answers to appear. In the meantime, I recorded this video for you. I hope you appreciate my attempt to express these thoughts with visuals and sound.
I just wonder what will happen next. I can’t wait to find out.
Ohhhhh, the suspense!


This is a video of my ramblings today and a wonderful song performed by blues man, STERLING MAGEE aka Mr. Satan.

4 comments:

self taught artist said...

good post sheree...
It is scary not knowing...I'm right there with you on that, but at least we know we don't know. I'm looking forward to seeing what comes your way and lights you up. Being open and ready is the best way to get there.

dryadart said...

we are all holding our breath... waiting for the next chapter to unfold, and we are with you all the way no matter what terrors we find down river!!

Sheree Rensel said...

Paula,
I am looking forward to seeing what comes my way too. I really am.

P.S. Your package is on the way. I just hope it gets to you by Friday. I sent it Priority, but I put the tube in the mail slot and it got stuck. I was so embarrassed, but there was nobody around at the post office to fix it. I left it there. I paid for the postage, so it is legal. I felt bad I screwed up their drop box! LOL LOL Let me know when it arrives!
:-)

Sheree Rensel said...

Deb, I am not holding my breath because I fear I would DIE!! LOL LOL Yes, the next chapter is unfolding. How long it will take to unravel is a true mystery.
Terrors down the river?? Oh geesh, I hope not!!
:-)