Saturday, November 1, 2008

Art Blog: LOOK UP!!! LOOK UP!!!

“NASA and the U.S. Space Surveillance Network are tracking the object - a 1,400-pound tank of toxic ammonia coolant thrown from the International Space Station - to make sure it does not endanger people on Earth. Exactly where the tank will inevitably fall is currently unknown, though it is expected to re-enter Earth's atmosphere Sunday afternoon or later that evening, NASA officials said.”

Click to read story


“Universal Dump” by Sheree Rensel
Click for detail view
I told you so! LOL

POST SCRIPT:
11/04/08
"Space station program manager Mike Suffredini said Monday that the debris splashed down somewhere between Australia and New Zealand Sunday night. The tank had served as a reserve supply of spare coolant at the space station since 2001."

THANK YOU UNIVERSE!!! LOL LOL LOL

2 comments:

self taught artist said...

I'm assuming this is a collage? wow, it makes me dizzy, it is fabulously done, strong stuff, perfectly executed...I feel like I've entered another dimension and that aint easy to convey.

Sheree Rensel said...

Paula,
The speckled background, red swirls, and the earth are painted. Then, I added the airplanes and rockets as collage elements.

I love this piece. I have shown it before here, but I thought it was perfect to show again after reading the "falling object" news report.
LOL LOL LOL