Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Art Blog: Letter to SANTA

Since there are eight days until Christmas, I thought I would write my letter to Santa. Here it is:

Dear Santa,
Hey Santa! How are you doing? I hope everything is going well for you and Ms. Claus. I hope all the elves are in good spirits and keeping very busy. I know the economy is tight right now. However, I know you will do the best you can. I am going to ask you for a few things that won’t cost a penny, but are worth a million dollars to me. If you can see it in your heart to provide any one, a few, or all of these wishes, I would be eternally grateful!
Here is my list:

1. A huge box of Patience
2. A bottle of Faith
3. A can of Hope
4. A carton of Confidence
5. A basket of Energy
6. A jar of Good health
7. A stocking full of Self Respect
8. A big bag of Contentment


Patience: I know everything happens in its own time. My life experience has proven this. Lately I have realized I have been very anxious and frustrated because things aren’t happening fast enough. That is OK. I will use the gift of patience wisely.

Faith: It would be so nice to feel the calm of faith again. To trust in the ebb and flow of the world helps me to believe in life. I can use a dose of this right now.

Hope: Santa, you know I am struggling to visualize my future. There are actually moments I close my eyes and can’t even get a picture of the next moment. You know this is very unusual for me. Your gift of hope would be a like seeing a familiar friend.

Confidence: I have always been confident about life. In fact, I have always relied on myself and have known with certainty that I will accomplish what I want to achieve and who I want to be. For some strange reason, my confidence has become a faint shadow in the mist. I can hardly see it as it drifts in and out of the fog. This gift from you would help me see it clearly again.

Energy: This is one thing I REALLY need! This past year, I have felt myself literally wilting. My energy level is slowly eroding. My enthusiasm is at an all time low. I want to zoom, zoom, zoom again.
Health: My leg is still bothering me. I am still limping. This makes me realize all too well, I need my health. Nothing matters more.

Self Respect: I know I have compassion for others. So why do I disrespect myself so much? I need a little compassion for myself. I am so mean to Sheree. I am not sympathetic to her needs. In fact, at times I can be brutal. My apathy towards everything has caused me so much harm. Lack of respect is related to my diminished energy, waning vitality, and just about everything else on this list. It is all interrelated.

Contentment: I know Santa, I know! I have this nasty habit of noticing the negative and pushing the positives aside. I am still working to change this. I ask you for the gift of contentment because this is the all encompassing gift. If I am content, all will be well in my world.


Oh and Santa, thank you for giving me my new front teeth this year!!! HO HO HO!!!

10 comments:

gilda said...

Sheree you crack me up! I love the beard

namastenancy said...

Santa Baby...fill in the blank. Let's add luck and contacts of that list because we all know that all your hopes for the list will just flow so much better if you have good luck and contacts who help you get what you deserve.
Love the beard!

deb said...

good gift list, I think I'll just copy it for mine, if I could just add sleep that would be swell.

merci33 said...

I saw that you made a post on Art News fraud site...I just had the same scam visit me...how long ago did yours take place??
Your santa is adorable...makes me smile.

Sheree Rensel said...

Merci33,
"Tina the Scammer" started emailing me last year. I can't remember what month. However after I dealt with her, I saw the same, EXACT come on with different names around the web. BE CAREFUL!!

Sheree Rensel said...

Gilda,
You know me. I am a laugh a minute!! LOL LOL LOL

Sheree Rensel said...

Nancy,
I am not sure I believe in LUCK. I straddle the line on that phenomenon. Oh I do believe in CONTACTS. However, I have a huge problem with that. In fact, my next post is about the issue of contacts and associations. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...........That is a huge issue for me. I am not sure Santa can help me with that one though. :-)

Sheree Rensel said...

DEB,
I have the opposite problem. All I want to do is SLEEP. Shoot. I could lie down on a concrete floor and fall asleep in a minute. I suppose my Santa list is suggesting that I feel more alert. I hate this new found state of a coma. I hate it. I know why this is happening. It is an easy way for me to just shut the world out. NOT GOOD SHEREE.

Terry (kettlebellguy.com) said...

I really enjoyed your wish list. You know well enough that we share many of the same wishes.

I hope your leg issue resolves itself soon. I have to say that except for my ever present "aches and pains" I have really felt good this year. Debbie has a terrible cold but so far I have been able to avoid it.


Still loving my Crossfit and Kettlebells. I am still shocked that at this late stage in the game I have become a "athlete", so to say.

I hope Santa leaves the right things under the tree for you to go at 2009 with renewed purpose and excitement.

Terry

Sheree Rensel said...

Terry,
It is so good to hear from you. I am not surprised at all that you like my Santa list. I always have known we are of like minds. Yes, my leg is still messed up. Even my boss asked me today, "When are you going to the doctor to see what is wrong?" I told her my game plan is to wait until this holiday break is over. I want to see if staying off it for a while helps the mending process.

If not, I will go to the doctor in January. I HATE GOING TO THE DOCTOR! Yucko!
Anyway, I want so much to get back to my routine. I am longing for my treadmill, swimming, rowing, and kettles. I miss that. I just don't want to tempt fate. I gotta get this injury under control. I hate it. It is cramping my style LITERALLY!

Tell Deb to take care. I hope you both have a wonderful holiday. I have a feeling in my gut that 2009 is going to be a really great year for me in every way.

I hope the same for you!!!
:-)