Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Art Blog: NEW YEAR Just keep moving

Another year? In some ways it boggles my mind. Yet, there is a part of me that holds back and says:
“STOP and look at the last 12 months. Just LOOK!"
OK, Ok! Don’t get bitchy! LOL Seriously, I put up a NY resolution list last January 1st.


I didn’t do so badly at all. I didn’t follow it to the letter. That is OK. In fact, I have accomplished a lot. I did MORE than I resolved to do!
1. I didn’t get 5 more “States” done, but I got a bunch of other art works done!
2. I did get my “Lost Souls” online.
3. I have made and sent CDs for gallery submission. Cool!
4. I only entered 9 shows, BUT I also applied for ten jobs. Touché!
5. I had planned on applying for grants but when I went to do the leg work, the grants I wanted to apply for were no longer offered. (Economic art world doom) Hmmmmmmmmmm

Overall, I have done very, very well this year. My day job hasn’t made me totally berserk. I am coping quite nicely. My art life is moving along. I am not going for want. I am very thankful and feel very lucky!
If you follow Jafabrit’s blog, you know she has spoken of a sketchbook project. I am doing the same project. Now before you think I am getting all heady and egomaniacal, just listen. Here is one of my (almost finished) sketchbook pages.



This is just one of thirty pages. I wanted to share this one with you because it relates to what is on my mind on this New Year’s Eve. I believe in Universal Principles. I see myself as a minute spec of light in this endless UNIVERSE. Yet, I know for sure I have put forth the energy to do a good job while my light burns. I truly believe I am doing right by all the powers that be. If someone is looking down, they see the little flicker of the “Sheree Star”.
Last week, Nancy spoke of this video on her blog.

“Earth Rise”

I sat there and watched it. Everything seemed to come together for me. At least, I realized my place in the Universe. I realized my significance. I realized I have FINALLY gotten a grip! I realized as long as I keep moving, everything will be OK! We all do our best. Things are the way they are meant to be. Hopefully, we will continue to strive to make worthy contributions to our lives and every other human being on this planet. I know I am doing the very best I can to have a rich, art life. I hope this effort radiates out and touches as many people as possible. My paramount wish is that we ALL see our worth.

2009 is going to be the best year ever. I can feel it.
Happy New Year!!

7 comments:

gilda said...

I believe it will indeed be a great year, Sheree!

Sheree Rensel said...

Gilda,
Can't you feel it? I can. Yes, things in the world are flying around like bees in a jar, but somehow, some way, my intuition says things are looking up. I really can feel it.
:-)

Terry (kettlebellguy.com) said...

It's really nice to see you with such a positive outlook on 2009 and to also see how much you have actually accomplished in 2008.

I also have an optimistic outlook for 2009 even with my 401 balance, or lack of balance I should say.

Happy 2009.

Terry

JafaBrit's Art said...

sheree, great post and I like your sketchbook page :)

I have been working on a pal of mine who seems to see such little value in what she does as an artist. arg!!!

thanks for the shout out :)

Sheree Rensel said...

Terry,
Gotta be positive! I joined the new group "TEAMWEIGHTS"! I am not going to get all gung-ho about this new YouTube venture until I get the feel of it again. Who knows, I might start "Season 2" of the "Adventures of Little Sheree"!

We will see. In the meantime, have a very Happy, Productive, Healthy, and Creative New YEAR!
:-)

Sheree Rensel said...

Jaf,
Thanks for the compliment! Yes, I like that sketchbook page too. I can't wait until I am done with the whole thing. It is taking a LONG time to get 30 pages completed. I guess I don't have to tell you though.

About the value as an artist thing:
You know this is an evolutionary thing. So goes the pendulum, back and forth, back and forth. I totally understand. Sometimes I feel like becoming a TV dinner eating trailer trash lady who sits and watches the Price is Right for the rest of my life. I understand the "What is the point?????" question! However, just when you are feeling droopy, you create something that you just want to stare at for a long time. Then, you want to keep making more regardless of the POINT!
Chin up girlie!!!!

Sheree Rensel said...

P.S. Jaf,

For what it is worth, I think your work and projects are brilliant! Your ongoing knitted totems boggle my mind. I am in total awe! Brilliant! Brilliant!!!

:-)