Friday, December 5, 2008

Art Blog: Timing

Universal Timing
Life’s Natural Rhythm
“Nature’s natural rhythms orchestrate when day turns to night, when flowers must bloom, and provides the cue for when it is time for red and brown leaves to fall from trees. As human beings, our own inner rhythm is attuned to this universal sense of timing. Guided by the rising and setting of the sun, changes in temperature, and our own internal rhythm, we know when it is time to sleep, eat, or be active. While our minds and spirits are free to focus on other pursuits, our breath and our heartbeat are always there to remind us of life’s pulsing rhythm that moves within and around us.”
DAILY OM

The topic of timing has been on my mind lately. Gee. I think I might have the worst timing for just about everything. I was even born late! The reason this issue came up in my mind is because I realize this is one of the worst times to find a new job. Our current economy doesn’t scream “Do it NOW!” As I watch job posts, I am noticing a whole lot of adjunct jobs, but very few full time jobs. I have even thought about the problems I would have if I did get a job offer. St. Petersburg is full of houses for sale at cut rate prices. I might have to take a loss. Oh well. I am not going to worry about this until I have to worry about this. However, that is how much I want a change. I would tell a realtor to just SELL it. I want a change that badly.

Like I told Gilda in the comment section of my last post, one of my art professor friends told me so many of the full time teaching jobs went to people just ten or so years older than me back in the 60’s. Now a new crop is being hired, but they are young bucks. Well, I can’t do anything about that. I just have to have faith. I just need one person with power to think “She would be good for this job.” That is all it would take.

In the meantime, I believe in the quote stated above. I refuse to think I am mistimed! I have my own rhythm. I believe everything in my life is right on schedule. I know things are working in my favor behind the scenes. I just know this. My true struggle is just being patient and being able to wait with grace. I can hear it in my head.
Sheree. It is your turn now.

No comments: