Thursday, February 12, 2009

Art Blog: DONE!

Finally. I am done. Well, I have a few tiny edge touch ups to do tonight, but this little booger will be shipped off tomorrow! Hallelujah! I am speaking about my sketchbook project.



OK. Here is the scoop. The ART HOUSE organized a sketchbook exhibition that will be touring around the U.S. They offered artists the chance to participate. You had to pay for the sketchbook. They send it to you. There is a theme. It is your job to fill it. Then you send it back for the show. Whooooooo! That was a mouthful!

The only glitch for me was the theme. “Everybody We Know”. Hmmmmmmmmmm. My very first thought was “I don’t know anybody. I don’t have many friends.” Then, I thought again. “I know a lot of different personalities in myself though!” So that is how I interpreted the theme. My sketchbook is called Everybody I know (Inside my head).

I proceeded to take photos or create photo montages that expressed all the hats I wear. The difference is all my personalities are expressed via my feet or shoes I wear. In the coming weeks, I am going to create a webpage of the entire sketchbook. Luckily, all my pages are digitally created. Therefore, I can recreate this book if I want to. At this moment, I don’t want to. LOL LOL It took far too much time and it was not easy at all. However, I am very proud of the end result. I love it.

Here are some sample pages:





Stay tuned for the unveiling of the webpage documenting my entire sketchbook. It will be coming in March! In the meantime, this version is off to Atlanta!
Hooray for that!

6 comments:

JafaBrit's Art said...

Sheree it looks fabulous, and boy I BET you are relieved :)

deb said...

Looks fab!! relief all around, see my blog to see how mine turned out, how fun that they all look nothing alike...

Sheree Rensel said...

Jaf,
You bet your bippy I feel relieved. I mailed it off this afternoon. I am sitting here doing NOTHING in my cluttered, disaster area of a house. I am going to chill this weekend and start cleaning the mess. After I get things organized again, I will look for more deadlines to make me crazy!

P.S. I know what you mean when you said you miss your sketchbook. There was a part of me that didn't want to mail it. I did, but begrudgingly.

LOL

Happy Valentine's Day!!
Sheree

Terry (kettlebellguy.com) said...

I love this idea. I know I have a lot of people that live in my head. Sometimes there is not even room for me. I am anxious to see more of this project.

Sheree Rensel said...

Deb,
I just went to see yours on your blog and commented. It is beyond TERRIFIC!
:-)

Sheree Rensel said...

Terry,
I just sent you a personal email. Thanks for stopping by here!
:-)