Sunday, February 1, 2009

Art Blog: This is COOL!

Who would have thought? You know, I learn lessons every day. Thank GOD! As you all know, my artwork reflects my ADHD nature. I am just all over the place. I know it is best to have an identifiable style. I just can’t seem to get it together in that area. Anyway, one of my side ventures are my “ONLINE: Lost Souls and Lonely Hearts” series. I make them. I hardly even promote them because I am a painter. They are just there.

A few months ago, I saw this post for an online exhibition at the Caladan Gallery website. The show sounded really interesting. The title is “Creating Synthesis: Exploring Art and Technology”. I sat there and looked at the prospectus. I thought “My Lost Souls are about technology, but they are not my paintings. Hmmmmm”. Another reason I hesitated is because I saw they had a very specific format on the website to show the works in exhibitions. I didn’t really know if my Lost Souls would “read” well in an online exhibition. After thinking about it, I spit in the wind. What the hey! So I entered.

My work was accepted and the show is up now. It looks NICE!


Click the logo to check out the show!

They did a great job with my Lost Souls too. They look so perty. Also, I like the way they put my statement up at the top.
Lookin good!

Click the pic to see my page in the show.

So the moral of the story and what I learned is don’t ever second guess what you do. I made the “Lost Souls” as ART. I want people to see them. Now they have. Good day!

4 comments:

Gilda said...

Hey Sheree! Wonderful! The work looks great and you are on a roll!

Gayle said...

Your work always tickles my mind! Good show--congratulations.

Sheree Rensel said...

Thanks Gilda! Oh, I am so excited. I am mailing you a LITTLE something tomorrow for your new studio. Let me know when you get it. Tee HEE HEE HEE LOL

Sheree Rensel said...

Gayle,
I am so glad my work tickles your mind! I really am. I think my work is hysterical at times. However, there is a weird, cutting edge if you think about some of the pieces. That is my problem. Many people don't take the time to really look or think about what my work is saying.
Thanks so much for your comment. It made my day! :-)