Sunday, March 22, 2009

Art Blog: AIG

This morning I saw a news story about a memo sent to AIG employees giving them security advice. This memo is in response to the recent outrage and lynch mob mentality brewing over the company’s financial dealings.

As I read the list of suggestions (including not wearing their AIG badges in public, walking in pairs to the parking lot, etc.) I couldn’t help but want to suggest they wear a mask similar to the ones I painted on the rich guys in this painting I created last year.
LOL LOL LOL



Click pic for detail view

“Wise?” Sheree Rensel
Acrylic/mixed media on canvas, 20” X 16"

Even though I hate explaining my work, this is exactly what I was talking about when I created this painting! I saw all this coming. The point of this painting is in my opinion, just because you have money, that doesn’t necessarily mean you are a person of wisdom. You know?

No comments: