Saturday, March 28, 2009

Art Blog: Million Dollar Baby!

My vacation ritual has begun with a vengeance. Every time I have any kind of break in my day job routine, it never fails. I end up with an upside down schedule. It happens naturally. I am a night owl. I would prefer to sleep in the day and work at night. That is just how it has always been.

Last night per usual, I woke up at 2 AM. I was frantic at first. I normally have to be at work at 6:30 AM. However, I realized I have nine days off. Oh. I see what is happening here. OK. I was too groggy to paint. I lay on my couch and started watching early morning TV. I stopped to watch a show about a couple who were looking to buy a vacation apartment in or around Paris. (Well, la dee da!) It might have been that show “House Hunters” or something like that. Anyway, their price range was between 300,000-500,000 American dollars. They just wanted a tiny, quaint studio apartment. Oh. OK.

As I laid there watching with one eye open, my imagination wandered. I wondered what it would be like to have enough money to buy a Paris vacation apartment. Shoot!!! I won’t even drive to Tampa. I hate traveling. Yet, this show made me realize how I live such a meager and sheltered life.

Then reality hit me. OH SHEREE, you would never do anything like this even if you had the money!! No, I would not. In fact, I have one “money dream”. If I had millions of dollars, I would buy an old building and convert it into artist’s studio lofts. I have always wanted to do this. Always. Back in the 80’s, I had a boyfriend who owned (Well, he didn’t own it. His father did.) a huge building in Detroit. I think his father bought it for him to keep him out of trouble. This guy went from room to room, floor to floor and renovated the building. Artist’s lived there. I was so jealous. I wanted that building. I wanted to be the landlord!

The only way I could ever do anything like this is if I won the Lotto or something. You see, I don’t want to do the grunt work. I want to be able to hire professional contractors to build the studios for me. I would need so much money for architects, lawyers, accountants, construction workers, personal assistants (Hey, this is a BIG dream!) etc. Forget about the Florida LOTTO. I think I need to win POWERBALL for this dream!!!! LOL LOL




Sorry Lotto.
I think I would need POWERBALL to make this dream happen!
Fantasy is fun!

No comments: