Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Art Blog: She LIVES!!

Ha ha ha ha ha LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL !!!!!!!
Doctors are so funny!

I hurt my leg six months ago. I ignored it for the first three months. By the forth month, I was still walking, but totally grounded from exercising. This past month, I have been dragging my leg around like the Hunchback of Notre Dame. I hate going to the doctor but I have been gaining weight like crazy from the lack of activity, so I made an appointment. Arghhhhhhhh!

I just got back from my second doctor’s appointment in the past two weeks. I have seen two doctors and I have two different opinions. I like the opinion of the doctor I saw today! I like that prognosis much better and it makes so much more sense.

The first doctor thought I had severe hip arthritis and/or my hip joint was shot. He said I might need a hip replacement. This sounded too weird for me. I mean, I am a crazy person when it comes to physical activity. I ride my bike like a lunatic all the time; I rollerblade; I dabble in kettlebell weight lifting. I use my treadmill and I swim. I have never had any kind of debilitating issues with my hip or any other part of my body. I told him my leg hurt like I have a charley horse in my thigh muscles. He kept saying hip arthritis, blah, blah, blah. I didn’t tell him I didn’t believe him because I wanted to wait and see. He sent me for X-rays and referred me to an orthopedic doctor.

I saw her today. After examining me, she said I did have MILD osteoarthritis in my joints, but the primary cause of the pain is a strain of my hip flexors. This type of injury is caused by overusing your muscles and not stretching before exercise. This type of injury usually happens to bicyclists. BINGO!!!!!!

She told me not to exercise until I see the physical therapist. I start that routine next week. I just want this to be over. I can’t wait until I can zoom, zoom, zoom again on “Violet” the bike!!

HOORAY FOR A HAPPY DAY!!


Bad girl Violet!! You hurt me!
(I am just kidding! I know I did this to myself. From now on, remind me to stretch before we do wheelies!!! LOL LOL)

8 comments:

deb said...

good news all around this week!! hurray!!

Eero said...

Is that really your bike?

You so totally rock.

E.

Sheree Rensel said...

Thanks Deb! We all need good news! Hooray for GOOD news!

Sheree Rensel said...

Eero,
You bet your bippy that is MY bike! Her name is Violet. We travel and run wild all over St. Pete. She is very popular. She is a man magnet too. She attracts middle aged men far more than I do. When I am out riding, 40+ males come up to me and say stuff like "Wow, cool bike! I had a Stingray once!" Then their eyes roll back in their head and they start mumbling about banana seats and high handle bars. LOL LOL LOL

I love her too. She is my pal!

Terry (kettlebellguy.com) said...

I was really happy to read about this second visit. When you get hooked up with the right people that know what they are doing it amazing the results you can get.

I know you will work really hard at the PT so I am believing that you are going to see great results.

T

Sheree Rensel said...

Terry,
I just sent you an email. Thanks for looking in, buddy!!! :-)

JafaBrit's Art said...

sheesh, that is vastly different than hip replacement, and thank goodness for that. Violet needs you but in good time when you have recovered with a little therapy.

LOVE your bike.

Gilda said...

That is great news, Sheree!