Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Art Blog: Jimi says it BEST

I remember the first time I heard Jimi Hendrix. I was 14 years old. I was visiting a girl friend. We were in the same Girl Scout troop. YES. I am that much of a dweeb. I was a late bloomer. What else can I say? As we talked on her patio, I kept hearing this music coming from the second story of her house. I asked her about it. She told me it was something her older brother was listening to on the record player.

This is the very moment I became the true SHEREE.
I wasn’t a Girl Scout very much longer after that!

Today, I feel like shit. I listened to this Jimi song and for some reason I felt better. Even thought the topic of the lyrics is a bummer, I got a thumbs up feeling knowing I am not alone. I hope you do too. Enjoy!





Jimi, we are kindred spirits. Thank you for that!

4 comments:

erika allison said...

I play Jimi in my studio all the time!

Sheree Rensel said...

Erika,
YES!! I don't know if it is age or a passage I am going through, but I feel the need to rehash former experiences. Jimi is one of them. I love the way his music makes me feel. He was a true artist.

Thanks so much for your feedback!
:-)

erika allison said...

I feel a common bond with creative musicians. Their music (loud, of course) inspires me to be totally free and creative.

William said...

Manic Depression has always been the first song that comes to mind when I think of Jimi. Despite the lyrics, the 'feel' of this song is much more about the "Manic" than "Depression".

Great song from a great artist!