Thursday, May 21, 2009

Art Blog: Lordy, Lordy

I can’t believe I haven’t written a blog post in 3 days. This is because I opened my mouth and inserted my foot. I have been working to dislodge my toes from the roof of my mouth for days. LOL

Seriously as my last post mentioned, I had this idea to get a Twitter Art Show going. I tweeted the idea and all of a sudden, things went crazy. I have had hundreds of emails in the past few days. I was a good girl and went through them all. I have compiled lists of interested artists. I have asked for info so I can collect needed data. I have created (another) blog. I have started the process to make this TWITTER ART SHOW happen.

I have to be honest. I have a bit of skepticism. The reason for my distrust is because I am old and experienced. I know the idea of showing your work as a TWITTER ARTIST sounds great. However, some artists don’t want to do the work to make that happen. Hmmmmmmmm. Enough said.

We will see. In the meantime, I only have seven work days left. I am so excited about this. I am already trying to move into ARTIST MODE. Yes, I am always an artist. However, I need to get into a total mindset in order to work in my studio every day. It will happen and I can’t wait!

In the meantime, if you are interested in the TWITTER ART SHOW, go here:
Twitter Art Show Blog.

Check it out. Read. If you want to be a part of this project, email me at wizzlewolf@aol.com


2 comments:

Terry (kettlebellguy.com) said...

I am excited to see you combining twitter with your art. I have added the art blog to my feed so I can keep up to date. Maybe I will actually learn something about art.

I watched the Farrah documentary. You know, it was a completely different look at her. I grew up with her posters and later the sometimes strange talk show appearances. It was really different to see her as a real person with such a terrible journey to take.

Terry

Sheree Rensel said...

Terry,
This Twitter art thing is kind of exciting. It is a lot of work for me, but that is OK. I am a worker. You know that.

Regarding Farrah, she won me over. I never thought much about her at all. I am not interested in celebrities. However as I watched that show, I was in awe of her tenacity and willingness to show EVERYTHING. However I have to admit after seeing the show, I am not sure I would go through all that if I had a similar diagnosis. I would just look at the doctor and say OK. Then, I would let it ride. I don't want to go through chemo and radiation just to live a few more years. I have had a good life. Prolonging it while experiencing that kind of misery is not my cup of tea. I just wouldn't put myself through that.