Monday, May 18, 2009

Art Blog: The TWITTER ART show

There are bunches of really great artists who use TWITTER. I want to organize a TWITTER ART show (EXHIBITION TITLE TO CHANGE AS PROPOSAL TAKES SHAPE.). I am willing to write a proposal and send it out all over the U.S. I can do this. I know how. However, I need help from those participating. In the coming week, I will make a simple webpage to list interested artists, as well as post questions to those interested. We need to work on this as a group.

If you are a TWITTER artist and would like to be part of this exhibition proposal, all you have to do is send me your FULL artist name, Twitter name, and the URL to your website.

There will be many steps to this process. First, I will start to collect interested artists. Second, we need to decide on many issues and questions. When we agree, I will present a proposal and submit it to the group. When we agree on the proposal, we will need to formulate a plan of submittal. We need suggestions of exhibition venues. I will send out the proposal to any gallery that might consider our proposal. It would be super great, if we could have the show move from one city to another. However, we all need to work together to make this happen.

You just never know. I realize this is a long shot. I cannot guarantee anything. However, it is a great idea. I am very willing to donate my blood, sweat, and tears. I just need a thumbs up from all of my TWITTER ARTIST friends and colleagues.
Let’s do it! Why not!



IF YOU WANT TO BE A PART OF THIS SHOW, you must be a Twitter Artist. Also, you need to send me your FULL (real) NAME, Twitter name, email address, and your website URL.
I am compiling a participant list right now. My email address is: wizzlewolf@aol.com

3 comments:

kathy casey said...

I think this is a great idea. Some other twits and I were tweeting about this a month or so ago. I'll have to see if I can remember who...Deborah Colter, I'm sure and a couple others. "Twits" though...makes us sound a little dingy (better than "twats" I guess LOLOLOL) I have the feeling you may get a large response, so you may want to set a few requirements/perimiters early on. I may be able to talk to my gallerist in Columbia, SC about a possible venue - maybe you could arrange a travelling type show.(?)
Another idea would be to have your participants submit an artist statement in 140 or less. I will send an email, as I am definatly interested. Let me know if you need any help with anything. You really know how to fill up your summer!

Sheree Rensel said...

Kathy,
I TOTALLY agree with what you are saying here. Personally, I don't like the name TWIT either. That was just a quick way of stating the idea. I am assuming we would all come up with a better exhibition name and theme. In fact, there is a LOT to do to make this come to fruition. This moment, I am going through bunches of emails. I have already learned that we need perimeters and guidelines. I am already making lists of things we should think about. Also, there will be certain participant responsibilities. I want to make a simple webpage to outline some of the expectations and requirements that we should agree on if we want to make this show happen. I thought of incorporating the 140 idea. I like the statement in 140 or less. How about the size can't be more than 140 square inches??? This all depends on how many people want to participate. I will be working on this in the coming week. I will be emailing everyone soon.

meika said...

Excellent. Good. Thanks.