Thursday, June 4, 2009

Art Blog: The PLAN

It hasn’t quite hit me yet. I don’t have to go to work tomorrow. I don’t have to go anywhere at all until the end of August. This freaks me out in a way.

In fact, when I was at the dentist today, he told me to come back next Monday. He yelled “That is OK, right? You are off now!” I said “yes” and realized I will be able to get my dental work done and finished at a much faster rate now. In a matter of weeks, I will have all my upper teeth capped and pretty. We have been working on this for more than a year. It is finally coming to an end. We only have two more teeth to finish. Oh, joy!

This time frame is NOT about teeth. It is about focusing on my art without the distractions of life. This is a rare treasure. I have so much to do. I have deadlines. I have so much art to make. Just thinking about it makes me jitter. I have to talk myself out of feeling anxious. I have to take it a day at a time.

So, I have to make a PLAN. I have to get my deadlines in order. I have to see what my priorities are. I have to figure out what I can do this summer that will provide the “biggest bang for my buck!” It is all good. I have all my lists together. I just have to create a routine and do it!

Tonight I got home and took my dog out in the back yard. I was drinking a beer and contemplating ordering a pizza. As we walked back in the house, I looked up and saw my ART signs hanging on my kitchen cupboard. I LOVED seeing this image. ART, ART, ART, ART. That is all I want in my life.
This is the one tried and true thing that makes me so HAPPY!



All this is so funny because sometimes I am sad my art sales are less than stellar. However, when I see my art signs nobody wants, I am so glad I made them and they are MINE. I love the way they look hanging in my house*.
*(You can have this happen to you too! Buy an art sign! Only $15. With free shipping!)
EMAIL ME! wizzlewolf@aol.com

2 comments:

Toni Cogdell said...

Sounds fantastic! Just get your plan, pace yourself then go with the flow. Art without the distractions of life and work, it's exactly what I aspire to, and same for me, art is the only tried and tested thing that makes me happy!
Love your art signs too, rekon one would look good in my studio, I'll count me pennies!.
Happy Arting xx

Sheree Rensel said...

Toni,
Thanks for your input. Yeah. It seems a lot of people say they are "counting pennies". Sounds good, but nothing happens after that. Oh well.

I think this expression is a way for some people to sound positive, but really have no intention to buy. It's like when someone stands in front of your art and says "Let me think about it". To me, that means NO THANK YOU, no sale.
When you are done counting $15 worth of pennies, let me know. I will be here and my signs will be too.