Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Art Blog: Brain POWER!



It is so hard for me to believe that less than two months ago, I made a simple TWEET on Twitter asking if anyone would be interested in having a Twitter Art Show. That was less than 8 weeks ago. The reason I am so amazed is because it is happening right before my eyes.

It has taken a whole lot of organization and time. I was willing to do that. Also, it costs a bit of money. So far, I am chipping in to cover the costs. To me, it is worth it. Even though there have been some very LONG days and hours of frustration, the fact I can see it starting to come together now makes me feel so proud.
I am reminded of how there have been so many times in my life, I take an idea and make it happen. I love this! Brain power is such a mysterious and wonderful thing!

It is so magical to take a thought and make it concrete. This ability makes you feel like a sorcerer! You don’t even need a magic wand. You just think a thought and DO IT!

During this stint as Twitter 140 coordinator, I have met quite a few wonderful artists. I have learned a whole lot about myself. I realized this week that despite my age, I am still learning new things. Most importantly, I have learned to just be quiet, keep working, and do what you know how to do. There is no need to defend or justify myself. My art experience speaks for itself. To realize this gives a great feeling of freedom.

My computer room has turned into “Twitter 140 Central”. I love seeing this physical manifestation of my brain cells. It is just like doing art. We think and envision; then we work to make things come to fruition. It just doesn’t get better than that!


Yes, it is a lot of work. Hard work, blood, sweat, and tears.
However, it pays off in the end.
I know this to be true!

1 comment:

Linda said...

Sheree -
You DESERVE to feel proud of yourself for creating the Twitter 140 Art Show! I'm proud to be part of it. Thanks for all your blood, sweat and tears on behalf of our group. AND I hope you're keeping track of those expenses so the group can chip in to help. I can't wait to hear about the first show you book!
HUGS - Linda Posey
www.creativespoutlet.blogspot.com
www.LindaSummersPosey.webs.com