Friday, July 3, 2009

Art Blog: Treasure Map Series

Ordinarily, I shun artist statements. I have always had the feeling, I make the art. I don’t need to explain it. LOL The downside of this habit is many people viewing my art say things like “I don’t get it!”

Well, I am turning over a new leaf. I have always made art that is narrative. The problem has been I am the only one who knows the story. I am now going to start telling the stories behind my art. This will help me understand my path, as well as help my audience “get it”. Here is an explanation of my new painting series “Treasure Maps”.


Click pic to see video

3 comments:

artjas said...

Watching the vedio really helps to connect with your work and have a better understanding of whats it all about.

Sheree Rensel said...

artjas,
GREAT!! That means my new plan is working!! Tee HEE Thanks so much for watching and sharing your kind words! :-)

deb said...

haven't had time to stop by in a while, summer is never lazy for me...I love listening to you talk and watching the layers build, thanks as always for sharing! You made me think about some pieces buried in the back of my studio, maybe there's life in them yet!