Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Art Blog: REACH!

I learned a great lesson today. I learned that FEAR of the unknown is nothing to fear at all. Sometimes we push aside opportunities that might change the status quo. I know I have. It is all so comfortable to stay put. We tend to resist change because it will disturb our current reality. It will kick up dust and we might have to cough.

I learned a great lesson today. I learned that change is good. The status quo is comfortable and safe. However, this condition doesn’t mean we are happy. No. It means we are set in our ways. That’s it. Most of us like that set feeling. I know I have in the past. In fact, I have held onto the SAME for all too long. I need changes in order to grow as a person and artist.

I learned a great lesson today. I learned that it is time for me to REACH for new opportunities. It is time for me to REACH for a new reality. It is time for me to REACH my true potential. The status quo is oh so comfortable and safe. However, we all have to REACH for new and challenging opportunities in our art lives. I am doing this right now. Think about this.
Maybe you could do this too.


3 comments:

namastenancy said...

What is that Goethe quote - whatever you can dream or do? On a completely unrelated topic - have you ever had your palm read? Your palm looks very interesting. I pulled out some of my old books and was trying to read them on the monitor from 2000 miles away. There's an enormous amount of nervous energy in your palm combined with fingers that look very "earth like" and practical

Sheree Rensel said...

LOL Nancy, put your books away!! That is a photo of my hand, but I texturized it using Photoshop. My hand isn't that shrived and wrinkley YET. LOL LOL LOL LOL

RJ said...

I'm thinking that I need to think about this... I think.